At 9:05 PM -0500 7/31/08, Robert Patterson wrote:
If cost is not a concern, you can get a bookbinder to make a beautiful
hardcover book from your loose-leaf sheets. Bookbinders get most of
their business from lawyers and libraries, so check with one of those
to find a bookbinder. The last time I had one done it cost about $50,
but that was some time ago.

Yes, my father had that done many years ago (in the '40s) for his violin music and the piano accompaniments to it, so he would always have his fingerings and bowings in one easy to find place. Just make sure they understand that it needs to come as close to opening and lying flat as possible. The problem, of course, is that a rather large margin is needed to allow for binding, and unless you leave that margin you'll have the copy running in under the binding. I'd suggest checking with the bindery FIRST to see what they recommend.

Otherwise you'll have to settle for coil or comb. Avoid the chain
stores. Find a print shop that has the long coils and the long hole
puncher.

It's entirely possible that the chains--especially Kinko's--would refuse to handle it because it is copyrighted music. You did realize that it is copyrighted, right? And that your copying it without permission is an infringement?

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.