On 23 Oct 2009 at 0:30, Gerhard Torges wrote:

> Am 21.10.2009 um 23:24 schrieb David W. Fenton:
>
> > I'd recommend that anybody who has a spare $100 acquire a 1TB
> > external drive. They are just too cheap not to use any more!
>
> And anyone who hasn't could just easily sing up for (another) Google
> Mail account and mail the update installer there. ;-)

That's not a very good long-term storage solution.

And can your really trust big companies to maintain your data in the
"cloud?" T-Mobile Sidekick users recently discovered that you really
can't.

Plus, I am wary of giving any more leverage to Google than they
already have with their search engine monopoly.

Last of all, who wants to wait on the download? Even with high
bandwidth broadband, an external drive is going to be faster --
you'll long ago have finished running the installer before you've
even finished the download from the "cloud."