My question is, how do I get the smart lines in all of the parts? You place it
at the top of the score and it will only appear in Flute 1, as it should, but
in none of the other parts. If it were a simple matter of copying and pasting
from one staff to another afterwards in my "parts file" that wouldn't be
terrible, but that will remove any other smart shapes in those staves.

I fear I'm going to be embarrassed when I hear the answer to this.