Florence + Michael wrote:

I recently received the conductor's score of Gounod's Faust (Henschelverlag
Berlin, 1972). I was surprised to find C-clefs used for the voice parts in a
score this recent

I'm not surprised to see them in a conductors score, as I've run across others, while examining conductors scores or other items, though I'm not able at the moment to say which scores they were. I suspect, though, that even though the conductor's score had C clefs for soprano and tenor, the voice parts, whether in a choral score or a separate part, used the G clefs for those voices.

na