At 10:44 PM -0500 2/11/12, Raymond Horton wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Aaron Sherber <aa...@sherber.com> wrote:
>
>>  On 2/11/2012 9:29 PM, Raymond Horton wrote:
>>  > Yeah, but this is what we do here:
>>  >
>>  > "Q: How do I do THIS?"
>>  > "A: No, no, no!  HERE's what you should do: ..."

To be fair, we don't always have the whole
picture.  "It's what the client wants" is a
fairly strong argument!  (Although there have
been plenty of instances where someone has said,
"Well, he SHOULDN'T!")  Don't forget that there
are composers, arrangers, engravers, copyists,
and even publishers on the List, each with rather
different needs and problems.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"Machen Sie es, wie Sie wollen, machen Sie es nur schön."
(Do it as you like, just make it beautiful!)  --Johannes Brahms