You can certainly get hold of a score of Cosi Fan Tutte at http://imslp.org/ If
the score is correctly engraved, you will see a long fermata over the whole of
measure 26 in the Terzetto N° 2. The rhythm is dotted half note - quarter note,
for Ferrando, Guglielmo and all the violins. In this case I simply go from
beating in 2 to beating in 4, using the left hand to clearly indicate the two
notes for the violins. There are surely other ways to notate what Mozart
wanted, but this way is perfectly clear, at least for an orchestra used to
playing opera.

In Aaron's case, I see no problem with the wide fermata. I'd add "dictated"
since it apparently accompanies dance moves.