On 2/12/2012 9:00 PM, John Howell wrote:
> Hmmm.  Sibelius has both a start (left) bracket
> and an end (right) bracket under the Lines menu,
> although neither is dotted.  Very handy for
> indicating ligatures or coloration in
> transcriptions of early notation.  Does Finale
> lack these?

Finale has these, but then I'd be placing three things in the score -- a
left bracket, a fermata, and a right bracket. I think Robert's intention
(and my hope) was a single custom line with a left hook, fermata in the
middle, and right hook. But although Finale can put text in the middle
of a custom line, it apparently does not break the line to do so; it
floats the text (fermata, in this case) above the line.

Aaron.