On 2/12/2012 6:26 PM, Robert Patterson wrote:
> Having seen the two versions of Cosi, it occurred to me that Aaron could
> try a Finale-friendly notation that is not exactly what he's looking for
> but may get the point across. That is a custom line with a normal fermata
> centered in it, something like:

Thanks, Robert, that's a very interesting idea. I just tried it, and it
doesn't look bad. I can't find a way in the custom line tool to leave a
space in the middle of the line, so the fermata is just floating a
little above it, as Center Full text.

I do suspect it will require a word of explanation to the player,
though. (As opposed to the wide slur, which I think is more likely to be
understood.)

Aaron.