Carl,

I have been using 2012 for months without problems (except for an issue with
Lion compatibility for the paste multiple keyboard shortcut).  I no longer
extract separate parts, so that may explain my ignorance of those problems.
Piano parts arrive by default with "Hide Normally" deselected, and you have to
change that in group attributes in order to be able to hide a staff in the
part. The app downloaded online without trouble for me.

It's not that I doubt that there may be problems, but I want to weigh in in
order that jef get another point of view.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2012, at 6:05 PM, dershem wrote:

> On 4/18/2012 12:03 AM, SN jef chippewa wrote:
>>
>> carl, i am about to upgrade a few things, including finale, and
>> wonder if you could tell me what you found so disastrous moving from
>> 2010 to 2012 (which is what i would be doing soon).
>
> For one thing, I could not upgrade on-line.  I simply would NOT
> function, so even though I bought the upgrade on-line, I had to pay
> extra for a CD.
>
> For another, many functions ceased to function:
>       "Hide staff" for part of the piano staff didn't work.
>       "Extract Parts" would NOT save as [filename+partname+ whatevr] - I had
> to manually name each part.
>       Page format was messed up - the first 3 pages of every part and score
> had to be enlarged 10 112% to be seen/print normally, and pages after
> that needed to be reduced to 70% to then match the earlier pages.
>
> Those are just the three that I thought of first.  It is just FULL of
> bugs and errors.  2010 works, 2012 does not - it takes more effort to do
> what 2010 did effortlessly.
>
> cd
> --
> http://projectselene.com