You sound like a perfect candidate for the Akai LPK25.  $43 and change
at Musicians Friend.  If you have a Guitar Center in town they should
match that price if you show them the site:

<http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/akai-professional-lpk25-laptop-performance-keyboard?src=3WWRWXGP>

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com