I really don't know if it *is* the software at
fault.  Everyone seems to think that we all know
how to set this stuff up.  The controller I had
before came with no instructions at all.   The
Finale manual seems to think the same.  It goes
on about making sure that the midi in and midi
out connections go to the right place.  This
keyboard only has a single midi socket... Then it
refers you to the keyboard manual...  The manual
for this keyboard is a little pamphlet which
doesn't even *mention* the word midi.   The midi
port is not even labelled in the diagram!   About
90% of it consists of a list of what 'voice' is
assigned to what number on the display.

When I go into device setup->midi setup, the
autodetect option has found my usb controller, so
the program knows it is there.  So how do I tell
it to accept the input?   I just followed through
all the suggested steps, but it made no difference.

I guess because this keyboard only has the single
port, it is impossible to be sure just whether it
is trying to send the data or not.   I was just
able to get the keyboard sounding (more or less)
through my PC.  I say more or less, because I had
to hit the keys really hard to get any
effect.   This still wasn't detected in Finale...

Oh, and it plays through the speakers when the
cat walks along the keyboard too!
Phil.