OK, I tried that, but when I enter a D below the bass clef staff, then
turn on percussion style playback and select my map, it goes to the
space below the 10th ledger line below the staff.  If I use the D on the
bass clef staff, it shows up where I want it to, but no sound comes
out.  When I turn on the percussion style for that, the notes go to the
7th ledger line below the staff again.  But it does sound like a snare drum.