The company forum seems to be down.  When one goes to
http://forum.makemusic.com

It comes back with "Your IP Address is banned from accessing this forum."

I got the same result when using a proxy from the Netherlands, so
something is wrong.

Personally, I'll probably upgrade, hoping that there are enough bug
fixes in HP and elsewhere to make it worthwhile.  But I would like to
see some comments before I pay for the upgrade.

Also, there have been some occasions where ReWire support might have
come in handy.  The recent editions of SONAR have great support for
automatically generating a tempo map from recorded audio.  With ReWire I
can use SONAR to play a recorded program and then have Finale play
additional parts I created new.  This would save me the time of having
to re-enter all the prior material into Finale to get combined playback.
  I realize there are several ways to skin that cat, but ReWire would be
a nice option to have available.

Mostly I am grateful that they maintained MUSX file level compatibility.