On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:59:09 -0500
"David R. Morrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Version 2.0 of teTeX was released around 10 days ago, and there
> have been Fink packages in the unstable tree since then.
> Unfortunately, the source files for version 1.0 have now been
> removed from the upstream site, so I need to move the 2.0 fink
> packages to the stable tree as soon as possible.
>
> I would appreciate receiving testing reports about
> tetex-texmf-2.0-3 (which has been in the unstable tree for a
> while), and tetex-2.0-5/tetex-base-2.0-5 (a new revision was
> just added to the unstable tree moments ago).

Okay.

I just upgraded to Jaguar (finally!), and installed tetex 2.0-5,
tetex-base 2.0-5, tetex-shlibs 2.0-5, and tetex-texmf 2.0-3.  So
far, so good:  I can make dvi's, ps's, and pdf's from my mostly
simplistic tex's containing latex commands.

I was happy to see ghostscript 8 instead of ghostscript 6, which
brings me to a couple of questions:  I just went to install
pdftex; why does it require the much-older ghostscript 6?

And what's the difference between "ghostscript6: Interpreter for
PostScript and PDF, v6.01 (used with teTeX)" and "ghostscript6:
Interpreter for PostScript and PDF, v6.01 (used with teTeX)"?  I
know that the former uses X and the latter doesn't; I'm
specifically asking whether I'll notice any difference if all I do
is run pdflatex.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Dan

--