Well, thank you! I was looking forward to getting a reply on that topic.

But your advice is not helping me. Let's see:

I open this file:

~/.config/fish/config.fish

Then I add this function:

function fish_user_key_bindings
        bind -k dc delete-or-exit
        bind \cz 'commandline ""'
end

I save the config.fish file. I open another shell window and type:
$ hello

I press Ctrl+z. Nothing happens.
I press Ctrl+c. The command line is cleared. Empty.

I press Delete. Nothing happens.
I press Ctrl+d. The shell exits.

What have I done wrong?

Note: I am running whatever version I downloaded from the git repository
yesterday. Neither fish_user_key_bindings nor fish_user_keybindings works.

--
Luciano ES