On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Luciano ES <lucm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, note that it won't work on new sessions although it is listed by the
> 'bind' command:
>

> $ bind
> [many lines elided]
> bind \e\< beginning-of-buffer
> bind \e\> end-of-buffer
> bind \el __fish_list_current_token
> bind \ew 'set tok (commandline -pt); if test $tok[1]; whatis $tok[1];
> commandline -f repaint; end'
> bind \cl 'clear; commandline -f repaint'
> bind \cc 'commandline ""'
> bind \cu backward-kill-line
> bind \cd delete-or-exit
> bind \ep __fish_paginate
>
> See? It's there. But it doesn't work.

See what? "bind -k dc" isn't in that list. Or maybe I'm just blind
(puts list in text file and greps for dc).... Nope, not there. \cd
(ctrl+d) is there, but that's a default binding.

I get the impression that fish_user_key_bindings is not being executed
at all (try adding an echo "USER BINDINGS SET" to check or try calling
it manually), which leads me to suspect that you may have some ancient
fish files lying around somewhere that you haven't cleaned up that
predate the introduction of that function.

Have you done a dpkg -r fish as the thread you posted suggested to
clean up any old version in your package manager?

Do you have a /usr/share/fish/functions or a
/usr/local/share/fish/functions (or otherwise a
$PREFIX/share/fish/functions) from an old version that hasn't been
cleaned up?

Did you do a make install to install the new $PREFIX/share/fish/functions?

Have you made certain that the universal variable server has been
restarted since updating fish? (reboot if you are unsure).

> I don't understand what you mention about 'susp with stty' because I am not
> familiar with it.

man 1 stty, though tbh I'm not very familiar with it either - I
generally refer to one of my colleagues if I need to worry about
terminal characteristics. But yeah, not being able to bind ctrl+z is
definitely a bug in fish regardless of the cause.

Cheers,
-Ian

--
http://sites.google.com/site/DarkStarJunkSpace