On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Luciano ES <lucm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> function fish_user_key_bindings
>         bind -k dc delete-or-exit
>         bind \cz 'commandline ""'
> end
>
> I press Ctrl+z. Nothing happens.

Nothing happens for me either - might be a bug, though something in
the back of my mind is nagging at me saying that you can't bind
anything to ctrl+z unless you first remove susp with stty - only,
changing that doesn't seem to stick in fish (I wonder if it's
resetting the terminal characteristics - I'd need to read the code).

> I press Delete. Nothing happens.

With your above function pressing delete closes the shell for me.

> What have I done wrong?

Nothing obvious - what happens if you use this instead to debug things?

function fish_user_key_bindings
        bind -k dc 'commandline "delete pressed"'
        bind \cz 'commandline "ctrl+z pressed"'
        bind \cc 'commandline "ctrl+c pressed"'
        bind \cd 'commandline "ctrl+d pressed"'
end

With this function ctrl+c, ctrl+d and delete should all produce a
message, though ctrl+z does nothing for me.

> Note: I am running whatever version I downloaded from the git repository
> yesterday. Neither fish_user_key_bindings nor fish_user_keybindings works.

It's been about a month since I last pulled from upstream - I'll build
the latest version and see if anything has changed, though if
something had fundamentally broken in this area I would have expected
someone to complain that my vi-mode.fish had stopped working.

Cheers,
-Ian

--
http://sites.google.com/site/DarkStarJunkSpace