This message is from: "Skeels, Mark A \(GE Healthcare\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

What would be interresting, is to have some that are video evaluated,
also evaluated live to see how similar the results were.

I also think that it is a good idea.  I think it would be of the best
interest of the breed for the NFHR to invest in making a professional
quality dvd of some actual evaluations and all the steps necessary for
the video evaluation, etc. We could purchase a dvd if we would like to
do these types of evaluations.  Then of course, there would be a fee to
actually get them evaluated, going to the evaluators and a small fee to
the NFHR.  Once you have the dvd, you wouldn't need to send it out with
every evaluation package.  All comments about movement, physical
characteristics, breed standard, etc would be given by a professional
evaluator and not the possible biased comments of any breeder, etc of
the horses in the dvd.

It would also be nice to see some examples of good conformation and
movement, as well as not so desirable conformation and movement
characteristics and told why they are good or not.

It would even be nice to have a dvd like this even if we didn't
evaluate, just so we could better judge our own horses.

I don't know how many people actually have dvd video camera recorders,
there are ways to take them from your 8mm or vhs recorder and tape them
to a dvd recorder though.  More high tech gadgets and toys!!

Just my 2cents.  Mark Skeels in Helena Montana