This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have been reading the posts about saddle fit and I can relate to what
everyone goes through trying to fit their horse because I spent a lot of time
trying a lot of different saddles. I think some Fjords are quite a challenge.

I have a wide horse and he trains and competes in dressage. With the amount
of sitting trot work that is done, it is imperative that he is comfortable
and that the saddle does not jam the top of his shoulders or restrict his
movement in any way. The only advice I can give, is get good help with your
saddle fit. Some tack stores have people that know what to look for and they
need to see the saddle on the horse. Friends of mine have driven their horse
to the parking lot of tack stores in downtown Los Angeles to get this checked!

 And for the rider that rode bareback first...I think it will feel weird at
first in whatever saddle you try, if you ride bareback. It can be actually be
harder to ride in a saddle. Once you decide what you want to ride, English or
Western, get the help and ride in the saddle more than once. Some stores let
you have a 30 day tryout.

I ended up with a custom Passier dressage saddle and he feels like a new
horse!

Regards,
Elaine Olsen