This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All-

I am enjoying the discussion on saddles. I lucked out in finding 2 super
saddles used at my local tack shop. Tommes' saddle is a Circle-Y roper,
lightweight yet secure with a deep seat. It accomodates a back cinch and
breast plate, but I have yet to buy these items. May be helpful, as we do a
lot of up-n-downhill trail riding : )

Rafael's saddle was a Godsend. It is a GORGEOUS (probably) Western Pleasure
saddle with endless tooling, weighs about a ton, complete with back cinch and
breast plate (also tooled). The reason we got the saddle for such a
reasonable price? Too WIDE for most horses, LOL! Perfect for our drafty,
witherless boy. My honey, who rides Rafael, has flat feet, so they're
affectionately known as the "no arches, no withers" team : )

I too love riding bareback. I just love being able to feel every move and
nuance of the horse. It's especially enjoyable with shorts on, during the
summer (warm fuzzy weegie!) However I am not a good enough rider to go
bareback out of the sand arena, where a fall is not the end of the world.

Brigid in CA