This message is from: Karen McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Has anyone tried rope halters?

Lynda
Bailey's Norwegian Fjord Horse Farm

Hi Linda,
I use rope halters made out of a very strong, but relativly thin nylon. They are pliable and not at all stiff, made w/ the "good type" of adjustable knots. I use the thin black ones under driving bridles when training or on the marathon CDE phase, and some of the thinner,"slinkier" halters are great for packing - just slip one in your coat pocket or saddlebag! Some people like them, as they provide a little extra wake up call to horses that pull, as it applies pressure over a smaller surface area. We get them from an endurance rider who handmakes them in No. Calif. They come in various colours, some multi, and range in price from $12.00 -$15.00. If interested in these halters, (we do sell them), email privately.

Cheers, Karen

P.S. in the winter, I rely on the regular type of nylon webbing halter, as they are easier to do up w/ gloved hands!