This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Three years ago my first Fjord horse died suddenly of a suspected burst
aorta.  She was ten years old, and had never been sick a moment.   While
playing in
the field she suddenly lay down and was dead within minutes.  The only thing
that leads me to be suspicious about her cardiac condition is the fact that we
could never grow good hoof horn on her.  It didn't matter what we fed or put
on her feet they were always shelly.  I now suspect that she had poor
circulation and this was the cause of the problem.  I think it would be
beneficial to
examine the pedigrees on these horses with suspected or proven heart problems
in the hopes of discovering a common thread.  What's the thought on this?  I
wonder if the Registry would be interested in helping us with this situation.
Sharon Abbott