This message is from: "jerrell friz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Why on earth would you want to blanket a Fjord horse ???? They have been thriving for centuries in one of the coldest and most humid climate that you can find in the Norwegian coastal area - without blankets ! My horses have a shelter that they never ever use in cold or wet weather (and believe me the Yukon can be cold and wet) - only in the summer to escape the heat and sun.
Don't feel bad leaving your Fjords in the rain! They like it !
Yasmine

You hit the nail right on the head Yasmine.
Hi List,
When I lived in South Central Alaska my pair would be dripping wet from giving sleigh rides in the Winter [Unclipped] I would put a light blanket on around 10pm. The next morning I would remove the blanket, brush them out good. They would be dry. That is the only time that I would blanket. It's no wonder there are soooo many sick horses. Before I would do a full body clip on a Fjord, I would have to think REAL hard about it. I guess if I was in Florida, and doing a cde, I might consider a trace clip. It is my understanding that the blanket compresses all the insulating hair, thereby reducing any natural insulation.

Regards,
Jerry Friz,
Anderson, CA.

For your security this Message has been checked for Viruses as a courtesy of
Com-Pair Services!