This message is from: Joyce Concklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

HI,
  I have been raising Fjords here in Florida for almost 20 years.We are located
40 miles North of Tampa and 6 miles East of Weeki Wachee (mermaids).I have
never had any problems with the heat and the Fjords.I have shelters as well as
trees they can get under.During the draught we set up sprinklers to go off in
the mid afternoon,when it would normally rain.They seem to enjoy standing under
the sprinklers.My Fjords range in age from a 2 y/o through 27 y/o.Most of the
year our weather is great!

  Joyce in Brooksville Fl.
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Clover Oaks Farm  Fjord & Ardenne Horses

Reena Giola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  This message is from: "Reena Giola"

Linda

Gustav lives outside year round. I end up body clipping in Sept, when he
starts growing his coat, usually about 2 to 3 times and then I go into a
trace clip (yes, I have to do many clips!!) I trace clipped him again in
January as we were still up into the 60's.......

He is out in about a one acre pasture that has some huge Mesquite Trees
which give excellent shade...... shade is the key out here.......it can drop
the temps 10 degrees under those trees!!!

I like that he is out and can move around......he is also fed 3x per day
(once by me) so to keep his gut moving.

reena