This message is from: sarpu...@aol.com

Hi All,

I've been a reader/observer on this list for awhile now, and just wanted to
introduce myself.  I have loved learning about all of you and your Fjords.

My name is Michelle Mace and I live in central Arkansas.  I moved here from PA
about 20 years ago.  While living in PA, we often would travel to lower NY
state to watch draft horse shows, which is where I first became acquainted
with Fjords.  I loved them since I first saw them, they were so unique, and
then after meeting them and getting to know their sweet personalities, I was
hooked!

I have had many different breeds of horses, but have wanted a Fjord for a long
time, and was finally able to get my first one this year in February.  His
NFHR name is Bjorn VI, we call him Benny.  He was a stallion until he was 9,
and has a few kids and grandkids out there.  He is now 11, and when I got him
he was basically green broke.

I was fortunate to find a Fjord in my state, as they are very uncommon in this
area, which is why it took me so long to get one.  They were either a million
miles away or way out of my price range, or both.  When I found him in an
online ad, only 75 miles from my home, and at a great price, I had to get him.
And I am so glad I did!

He has been nothing short of awesome, and from our very first ride, he has
been a rockstar.  I ride hunter/jumpers and also do eventing.  I have an OTTB,
and have also had off the track Standardbreds to event with.  You don't
typically see a lot of Fjords doing eventing.  :-)

After just a few months of training, and going to a couple hunter show, Benny
and I competed in our first Horse Trials this past weekend in Benton, LA.  He
was awesome!  It was a little cold and windy, and while the TB's were all
carrying on with their antics, Benny was more interested in standing and being
petted by nearly everyone at the show.  I lost count of how many times I had
to thank someone for saying how cute he was and how much they LOVED his look.
And how many times I had to explain that he was not a Haflinger, and yes, his
mane is naturally that color, and I do have to trim it with scissors.  :-)  I
think next time I am going to just hold up a sign.  ;-)

But anyway, we entered in the Beginner Novice Horse division, and came in 6th
place overall out of 7 entries.  We had a rail down in stadium jumping, and
also a few time faults.  He was nearly perfect on cross-country, but also a
few time penalties because I didn't push him for speed, being his first time.
I am so happy with him and he is such an honest, true blue, safe and capable
partner, a true Fjord.

This Saturday we have a hunter/jumper show, and then next weekend it's off to
TX for our last Horse Trials of the year.

Here is a link to the pictures from this past weekend, if anyone would like to
see Benny in action:

http://jstonerphoto.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=8734396&g=043T00B
Y38

Thanks so much for reading, and I look forward to hearing more about y'all's
Fjord adventures!

Michelle and Benny