This message is from: Rovena Kessinger <ro_k...@yahoo.com>

Hi Cindy!  I've been following you and Oden with interest since you are using
CT too and Oden is way ahead of Bam-Bam.

Luckily, I can touch him all over with my hands and with stuff, he doesn't
mind that.  I have been using umbrella, tarp, plastic bags, metal pans, etc.
to desensitize Odi the mule, who is very wary and suspicious of anything new,
and then I do it with Bam-Bam too, and he doesn't care.  He watches Odi, who
has to work up to doing it slowly, and then when it's his turn he runs over
and starts touching things and stomping on things, so he can get CT too.
Actually he broke out of his halter which I must not have tied well when he
was tied up yesterday to come touch the umbrella, lol.  And I can touch his
legs and his hooves fine.

However, when I try to pick up his foot, he either doesn't move it, or
he jerks it away and slams it back down.  I am just CT for any tiny bit of
progress at this point.   It's hard to catch that time that it's up before
it's slammed back down again.  Surely he's had his hooves worked on at some
point, but it's like he has no idea what I am trying to do.  Maybe he thinks I
want him to move his foot over.

He does do this thing when I'm not CT fast enough for him where he picks up
his front foot and waves it around.  I'm always worried he's going to paw/kick
forward, since he has done that before, but that was under different
circumstances.  I wonder if I should CT that to start, since his foot is way
in the air then.  That's an idea, I guess.  I haven't noticed if it's always
the same foot or not, like if he is left or right-hooved.  (Or horses left or
right-hooved?)

Thanks!  That gives me an idea.   Nice to see you here. :)