This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

You need to train an opposite "action" as he has gotten the idea that movement
is being rewarded.  It is tricky to clicker train foot stuff because they get
too enthusiastic.  I would start rewarding for keeping all "four on the floor."
 Under various circumstances.

Then, train the picking up of the foot and make sure to put it under stimulus
control.  I have never really gotten down how to have really good stimulus
control.  Kathy Sdao has a DVD or two on the subject.

One place to look at is Clean Run, which is a dog agility training site.  They
have lots of DVD's on various details of training.  All of it is positive
reinforcement training.  Not because they have a "thing" for it, but because it
is the only thing that works to train winning agility dogs.

Overall, it sounds like you need more of the training detail.  I sympathize.  I
have had some mishaps training behaviors involving feet.  However, these things
are fixable.  It does sound like you need to do a lot of training of quiet
behaviors.  Have you worked on "head down?"

Gail