This message is from: Rovena Kessinger <ro_k...@yahoo.com>

Hi Mary.  This is what happened.  I held Odi the mule, while Bam-Bam was tied
up and watching.  (That was probably a mistake; he always watches stuff that's
going on.)  The farrier did Odi's front hooves fine (he doesn't need much
work, it just took a few minutes).  Then he went for his back hooves, and Odi
didn't like that and started moving around.  Before I really knew what was
happening, he had a rope out and was going to use it somehow on his back
feet.  Odi freaked out and wasn't having any of that, and the farrier said,
"He's been hog-tied before", and gave up on him.  That was annoying to me,
because I didn't know he was going to do something traumatic to Odi.

When he started with Odi, he didn't introduce himself or go slowly, just had
me hold him and went at his feet.  So after that, I got Bam-Bam, and the
farrier couldn't even get near him, he went wild when the farrier started got
close to us.  He didn't rear, but he was jumping all around and it was hard
for me to hold onto.  The farrier was like, OK, no way, and he turned around
and left.  The Bam-Bam was fine.  Bam-Bam just didn't want that bad guy
carrying torture-implements (for all he knew) getting close to him.

So, I can see that mistakes that were made.  Strange man holding strange
tools, he sees the man do something bad to Odi, then the man goes at him like
a predator, I haven't been lifting his hooves, etc.  My fault.

Oh good, thanks so much for that link.  I'll check it out.  The state of his
hooves are my main worry with him.  I've tried several leads but nothing has
panned out yet.  I need to get him more comfortable first anyway, I guess.