Hi Mike,
I do a University course for New Media students that might be of interest. You can still see the old AS2 notes here:

https://my.ryerson.ca/bbcswebdav/users/blesser/Flash/FPN537/

The current site is all AS2 but I am in the midst of rewriting it to AS3 for the fall. If you think it is useful I'll leave the old AS2 site in place for a while. Feel free to grab anything that you think might help.

Yours truly,
-Brian

Mike Reilly wrote:

Hi there -

I'm a high school teacher who's decided to teach "Intro to
Programming" using Actionscript (2.0 for now, waiting for the school
to upgrade).

I'd prefer to take an OO approach, and use games in doing so.  For
example, my first game would be a Pong copy.  Lots of basics in there
to learn the environment, basic principles, etc.

So, I was wondering if anyone out there knew of good resources, wanted
to contribute (hell, I'll give you all the credit, you can write a
book, etc.), collaborate, share.  I've search most of the tutorial
sites, but most code is not a great OO example for Flash games due to
little OO, or too much complexity for the beginner.

Your input is welcome, rock on.

Mike

Brian Lesser
Assistant Director, Application Development and Integration
Computing and Communications Services
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St.
Toronto, Ontario                   Phone: (416) 979-5000 ext. 6835
M5B 2K3                            Fax: (416) 979-5220
Office: POD??                      E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Enter through LB99)               Web: http://www.ryerson.ca/~blesser