I think one of the things that will determine whether you like Flex training from the source, is whether you want a book you can just read and later pick up and thumb through a section. Flex training from the source is arranged more as a series of hands-on exercises where the reader is told how to follow through on a computer and any discussion is based on the practical work done. It's not so much a "Pick me up and dip into me" type of book because so much of the content is centred around actively sitting at a computer doing the exercises. It would make a poor reference but is strong at "hands-on". Very much a "doing" book.

Paul