As a sponsor ( http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/index.php?title=FlashDevelop:Site_support ) and an addict user of FlashDevelop I hope some people ( read FD users) fund the project so the dev team has some extra resources / can free some extra time to implement debugging / refactoring; I can mis debugging for now, but it would make the tool complete and even more top notch. I love the snappy-ness of the thang. The (autocomplete) speed I saw at my team with Eclipse+FDT+osX-1GB-mac is in no way comparable. Anyways, it makes my life complete. I am in no way affiliated; It's just a call. Hope the list of sponsors/users starts growing.
Again thanks to the FD team for this great free snappy IDE.
Cheers,
Latcho aka Stijn De Ryck

Juan Pablo Califano wrote:
I run Windows XP both at home and work.

For a short period, I worked on a Linux (Debian) box at work, because the
machine I got happened to had Debian installed and my boss, a Linux fan,
insisted that I should try it. At the time FlashDevelop was my main editor,
so I had to run some Sun VM that booted a virtual windows. I also use the
Flash IDE on a daily basis. Mostly for minor editing, but I need to
run Flash almost every day. It was naturally slow and some shortcuts
wouldn't work, which was a pain. I'd spend most of the time using Windows on
the VM, so it made no sense and I soon gave up and installed Windows XP.

I'm one of the retardeds using Flex Builder for AS coding ;). It has its
pitfalls and I do miss some FD features, which I used almost exclusively for
a long year. But now I can't live without a debugger that actually works,
something I missed for years; and a passable profiler, which is not so great
for measuring performance, IMO, but is invaluable when you're looking /
testing for memory leaks. Once you learn to use it, the "profilers" that
basically output System.totalMemory look like a bad joke. I hope some day
they finally get around to add a GUI debugger to FD; having a nice profiler
wouldn't hurt, either. But for now, I'd choose FB any day.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano