The programs on my CDs were written in C++. They make fast, powerful, use of graphics but took a very long time to write.

The code in AS3 and C++ isn't that dissimilar. Learning the language isn't the problem.

Bringing assets to the screen is difficult in C++. AS3 enables me to do that much more easily.

I am always going to use C++ and use Visual Studio's powerful debugger for my most powerful hungry programs, but Adobe's AS3 is a great way to work.

John

Jon Bradley wrote:
Learn C, C++ or Objective-C. They are not that hard, you have much more control