I 100% second this. Without any offense this entire thread points to
some of the downsides of the open source idea and initiatives. At the
end of the day without *any* driving commercial model things run into
problems.

I am a big fan of open source, I am a heavy user of frameworks, patterns
and other stuff open source initiatives have born, however, migration
does cost money. Somebody has to pay for it.

I can clearly understand that this time Macromedia "does not care" about
reverse engineered open source alternatives to what they offer as a
product.

This very early alpha release is part of a new strategy which should
allow even the ones who work for free to migrate their products and make
them future safe.

In a professional environment we have based our solutions mostly on
commercially licensed product - and have always been sure that we have a
future proof path for our customers.

Just my 5 words to this discussion.

Regards

Ralf Rottmann | Director Sales & Marketing | VoicInt Telecommunications
GmbH
m:+49-(0)170-914-5495 | f: +49-(0)231-557402-99 | e: