Did you mean a debug build of the flash player?  If so, where would I
get one?

I did run my app in the debugger, and I don't even get inside the
deleteHandler, so I wasn't really looking at
deleteApplicationCallback.  I'll check it again, and reinstall all
things flash and flex.  I'll delete my eclipse related files
(.project, etc) and create a new flex project as well.

Steve