I understand the "cascading scrollbars" problem, but I really have to say
that's a problem with your screens if you get this. It simply means that you
have to have contents that also resize. But how is that not the case anyway
if it's in a container of variable width? The contents of any container of
variable width must themselves be variable width or they will have either
scollbars / cut off when it's too small.

The problem with the way flex has it implemented is that even if everything
within my container is anchored to sides or has a % width, you'll still see
a horizontal scrollbar when you add too much verrtical content, and
personally I call this a bug- the whole thing would have rendered correctly
if the container started out as X pixels wide and I resized the browser, why
should it not if the container is resized by virtue of a scrollbar instead
of my mouse hand?

I don't think it fair to inflict the current situation on everybody simply
to release people of having to design their forms for a horizontally
resizing container. There's always minWidth if you want a "screw you if you
shrink my container any smaller you get scrollbars" effect.

I gotta move to California so we can sort stuff like this out over a few
beers :)

-Josh

--
"Good people will do good things, and bad people will do bad things. But for
good people to do bad things—that takes religion."

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]