From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Josh McDonald
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:53 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: container width > parent container's width
when vertical scrollbar present

I understand the "cascading scrollbars" problem, but I really have to
say that's a problem with your screens if you get this. It simply means
that you have to have contents that also resize. But how is that not the
case anyway if it's in a container of variable width? The contents of
any container of variable width must themselves be variable width or
they will have either scollbars / cut off when it's too small.

The problem with the way flex has it implemented is that even if
everything within my container is anchored to sides or has a % width,
you'll still see a horizontal scrollbar when you add too much verrtical
content, and personally I call this a bug- the whole thing would have
rendered correctly if the container started out as X pixels wide and I
resized the browser, why should it not if the container is resized by
virtue of a scrollbar instead of my mouse hand?

I don't think it fair to inflict the current situation on everybody
simply to release people of having to design their forms for a
horizontally resizing container. There's always minWidth if you want a
"screw you if you shrink my container any smaller you get scrollbars"
effect.

I gotta move to California so we can sort stuff like this out over a few
beers :)

-Josh

On Feb 1, 2008 7:05 AM, dfalling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]