This issue gets brought up periodically (and once by me), and at those times
the mods have convinced me that we shouldn't (or at minimum had an argument
against that was as good as the argument for).  However, at this point in
time, I think you have a point.  In the past, I've answered more questions
than I do now.  Some of that is because I have been busy at work, and some
of that is because a variety of reasons that are probably related to the
group size.

But I think splitting up the groups by user experience or complexity is a
bad idea.  For every new user at whom I just want to scream "Read the docs!"
there are many who simply need a push in the right direction or have found a
bug/idiosyncrasy in flex that they have no hope of figuring out unless they
have someone with a little more experience telling them that they aren't
going crazy.  And we want those novices on the same list as the veterans.
If a significant portion of the knowledgeable user base flees from the
newbees, those new adopters won't have as good a chance of having their
answers solved and the growth and quality of the community will be harmed.
(I'm not saying it will take a nose dive or anything, but it won't be as
good as it could be.)  I think I could make a similar arguement for people
who might be making the jump between intermediate to veteran, or business
class, to enterprise class. (I know right now I'm on the border between
business and enterprise class.)

I agree that we should have some different lists differentiated on content.
Key word there being 'some.'  The more we divide, the more our knowledge is
divided.  Let's not go overboard.

But I think with the release of BlazeDS, remoting now has enough traffic to
get it's own group and we could define a clear set of content that would be
in that group.  A third group (or actually a forth group after flexcoders,
flexcomponents, and remoting) might be useful, but I wouldn't endorse the
idea unless someone else can suggest a good idea of what would go in that
space that would be clearly differentiated by content, and allow users of
all skill levels to join.

- Daniel Freiman