Dan,

Let me comment some statements in this discussion:

> that we have great analog signal meter, I'd like the option to remove the dB
> signal level display
> >
> > Why to hide the absolutely best and most useful display feature of the
> > whole SDR-1000?!  I need dBm for my measurements.
> >
> > 73, Ahti OH2RZ
> >

> Ahi,
>
> Is this box (SDR-1000) a piece of bench test gear or a radio?
Both.

> If it will help you would you like me to send you a copy of the latest HP
> catalog?
Thanks, but no need, I have them. On the other hand, I cannot afford
these H(igh) P(rice)/ (Agilent) products.

> My problem is I can't work
> the CQP Contest (and score worth a darn) while watching the flickering
> display.
Sorry for your concentration difficultes. Now I got a good explanation
and answer to my simple question "Why to hide ...".
Thanks for the many options of PowerSDR, you have already got some
advice how to get rid of the SMTP flickering rate of the displays.
Here are some more to slow down the flickering by adjusting:
- Display Mode AVG and/or Peak,
- FPS of the main display and use Averaging,
-  Meter Delay,
- Averaging Time,
- Multimeter Analog Peak Hold,
- Digital Peak Hold,
- Average Time.

After using more than three years SDR-1000 and owning four (4) of
these "boxes" I am, in general, happy about the options, we are so
many users with different opinions and preferences. However, I think
that FlexRadio has wasted too much time and efforts for modifying the
GUI when the MODULAR SOFTWARE still waits for the completion - three
years after the first promise!

> PS: well.. don't  whine, you asked for it...
Very well said! I cannot put it better.

73, Ahti OH2RZ