I'd like to have:

1. A platform independent GUI.
2. An IDE that makes GUI development "nice" (i.e. NOT VC6 style).

I am not stuck on any tool or language at this point as I don't have enough
information to say, "This is the best tool" or "This is the best language."
These two obviously go hand in hand.

What I can say is that from a GUI support/development standpoint, I have yet
to see anything that can compare to Visual Studio .NET 2003 (and this goes
for 2005 as well) in terms of GUI support/development productivity.  The
catch is that what makes this easy has been built in .NET which is, for all
practical purposes, Windows only.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems