I have an uninformed question. What about Python?
Forgive the ignorance, I have a series of books and learning it is on my
short list this winter. The web site states and I quote below:
 "Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm
Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the
Java and .NET virtual machines."
Al