To all,

FlexRadio Systems is continually striving to make using the SDR-1000 and
PowerSDR the most enjoyable experience possible.  Over the past several
months a new web page, Knowledge Base and Forums have come on-line with
the intent to organize the vast amount of resource material and
information about your Flex radio in a logical manner.  These changes
were made in order to better prepare for the future with the addition of
new products and software.

The new Knowledge Base is becoming populated with lots of good and
relevant information and is a powerful support tool.  More and more
people are discovering its value by using the Search feature to locate
relevant articles.  In the coming months, we will be upgrading the KB
software and there will be a lot of new features, capabilities and fixes
that will eliminate some of the current deficiencies.  The new version
will be more interactive and allow users to collaborate on KB articles.

This information management transformation is an on going process and we
have benefited greatly from the feedback received from people using
these resources.  We do listen to your comments and are constantly
seeing how we can make things better.

One of the areas where some usability suffered was with the management
of files for downloading.  We were hoping that the KB's searchable index
would help manage the hundred or so files currently archived. In that
respect it did a great job, but the folder level presentation made it a
bit clumsy to navigate.  In addition, the KB stored files in such a
manner that all files had an appended GUID string that made the file
names look cryptic.

Taking into account the many suggestions and constructive comments
received, the decision was made to move all of the downloadable files
off of the Knowledge Base and store them back on the FlexRadio Support
Center web site.  http://support.flex-radio.com/

A special table format was designed by Dale, WA8SRA so that the file
name, file description, category, number of times the file has been
downloaded and the date the file was added to the repository is easily
readable.  The File Download index is also fully searchable on the file
name and description.  In addition you can narrow your search criteria
by limiting searches to particular products and file categories.  Or,
you can scroll through all of the files page by page.  As with the KB,
there are files that FlexRadio Systems keeps restricted.  In order to
view all of the files in the repository, you must log in to the
FlexRadio Support Center.

You can access the new Downloads page here:
http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx

I recommend that you click on the Search Help link in the file search
box so that you can best decide how to enter your search criteria to
have the best chance of finding what you are looking for.

We hope this change will make it easier for old and new Flexers alike to
locate the files you are looking for.

We also encourage you to provide feedback on the new download feature so
that we can continually make improvements that makes using your Flex
radio the most enjoyable experience possible.
http://www.flex-radio.com/feedback.aspx

Over the next few days, we will be cleaning up and reorganizing some of
the KB articles since we have moved over 100 files to the Support Center
web site.  If you can't find what you are looking for on the new
Downloads page, it may still be located in the Knowledge Base so look
there too for the time being.

Enjoy!

-Tim W4TME
-----