At 03:08 4/24/2008, you wrote:

. .......I'm not a CW  kind of guy, so I don't recall the details of
the problem), because
>that allows you to get a rhythm. (after all, absolute delay isn't a
>huge deal, because there's already 10s of milliseconds delay in the RF
>propagation to the other station).
>

>Jim, W6RMK

Jim, I think your leading comment just summed it up. I AM a long time
CW operator, CW contester, and CW DX chaser. I KNOW what good QSK is,
and what it sounds like. SDR-5000 + PowerSDR do not yet deliver it.
Latency is not the issue (well, maybe a little). Smooth and rapid
transition from T to R is the issue and the shortcoming. If there is
a way to overcome it, I am receptive to learning how. I'll believe it
when I hear it in my QSK operating.

Dave, W5UN