The best performance I can obtain for QSK is at the following settings:
GENERAL-AUDIO-Buffer: Size 512, Sample Rate: 48000
GENERAL-OPTIONS: Process Priority: High
DSP: TX Buffer Size: 512, RX Buffer Size: 512
Delay (ms): 10 (minimum setting)

At these settings I see around 10% CPU utilization on the PowerSDR screen.

With these settings, I am almost, but not quite there. Here is my
complaint. When returning from T to R there is an audible "pop" that
tends to mask reception during Dits and Dahs. I am wondering if
Receive recovery is occurring quickly enough. Elimination of the
"pop" on transition from T to R would go a long way in smoothing out
QSK, in my opinion.

My method of comparing QSK capability between my SDR-5000 and my
FT1000D is to select the frequency on a constant carrier signal, and
then key at 20 wpm to see how well I am able to hear the carrier
between Dits and Dahs.

Dave, W5UN