I am very pleased to see this CW QSK discussion along with the positive ideas.
  I have well over 2000 non contest CW qso's with the Flex 5000A and I hope I
have not used up all the dits and dahs in the rig. hi   Best  receiver for CW
as everyone knows.

I primarily run CW using semi-breakin with the delay at 200ms.  Although I have
not had  near the problems as described by Jay previously,    would also like
to see improvements in the CW with real QSK.   Hope it is possible via
software.   I also have the missed elements as described by Jay,  my solution
is to key via the PC serial port. Keying via  PC serial port works great,
never a miss.   Added a PCI serial card as my PC did not have a serial port
already and that took care of it.

Also, when I do use   50ms delay I find that a bandwidth of 200hz or less
"sounds" better for the keying sidetone T/R and hearing the other stations
between words/ letters.  This is using a Sample Rate of 96K and 512 buffer.

Reports are that the transmission keying elements sounds fine with no shortning
of leading elements as found on many other rigs.  (PROII) .   I think our
issues are more on our receiver end.

Would the new second receiver board be of any benefit for full QSK?

Gerald and Eric, please keep this area of full QSK improvement on the front
burner.   Thanks.

73 John, N3WT

From: "Jay Sewell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>