Please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that QSK on a
SDR encounters a wall at the receive latency interval, which sets a
minimum bound for recovery of reception.

After the completion of transmitting a code element, the receiver is
going to be receiving the tail of that element for the duration of
the receive latency period. After that, the AGC has to recover.

Even in split or with a second receiver what will be heard between
elements happened the latency interval earlier in time.

Current SDR latencies are running in the range of 100ms or more. This
latency will have to be reduced by at least a factor of 10 before
there can be a 10ms recovery in QSK.

The low level of latency required for true QSK is achieved in box-
based SDR units like TenTec and FT-2000. Why is it not being achieved
in computer-based SDR's like the Flex 5k?

My two cents...

73 Ed W2RF