Hi All;
I am totally saddened that Flexradio decided to drop the low end
SDR-1000, possibly man power issues, not sure, but quite certain that
both the 1000 & 5000 could have lived under the same roof leaving us
all with a choice, and known quality of support.

I honestly believe Flex dropped the ball, and broke a NA Line of
SRD's that would have survived with great rewards.......usually
called Business Growth.

Shipping from India &/or Germany to going to offset any apparent
savings I'm afraid, that combined with any required service that may
be needed down the road is certainly going to keep me away.
I waited and looked for months to find a 1000 that will be used
exclusively on EME, and no way could I justify a 5000 for a 28Mhz IF
as Dana has mentioned.

I still believe there is room for a peeled down 1w version of the
5000 for this market, what the demand would be in the weak signal
area, EME & Otherwise I have no Idea, but would have loved to have
seen at least the 1000 continued here in NA.

I am 70 years old and perhaps should not care, but I do.  ALSO
because of NAFTA (North America Free Tirade Act) anything Imported
from outside of NA is subject to Duty and Excise Taxes that amount to
approx 25%, at least here in Canada.

Regards & Thanks, Darrell