Quoting BILL GUYGER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Tue 17 Jun 2008
09:48:04 PM PDT:

> They have kind of a different take on things over there. Once upon a
>  time when I was QA manager for a company that built Mil Spec
> connectors, an Indian gentleman who worked in the assembly area told
>  me "I can get you the brass parts (male contacts) made much cheaper
>  by my cousin in India." I had to tell him that the brass had to be
> certified to equal Fedral Specification QQ-B-xyz and that the brass
> that his cousin used to make tourist dodads probably wouldn't
> qualify............... But hey, he was tryin'.
>  Bill AD5OL

Just like in the U.S. or anywhere else, one can find things at all
ends of the quality spectrum (although, to be honest, there are places
where one can extend the lower end of the spectrum more than the U.S.
Pesky minimum wage laws..)

And lack of understanding about compliance with standards is hardly
unique to off-shore.  I am continuously amazed at the number of
(typically smaler) U.S. companies who don't really understand what
"space qualified" actually means.

Jim, W6RMK