At 07:38 AM 7/10/2008, Gerald Youngblood wrote:
>If you listen to AM in SAM mode you will be effectively listening in DSB
>mode.
>Gerald
>

>The interesting question is whether, when listening to an AM signal, using a
>SSB receiver, what it sounds like. (and assuming the SSB receiver has good
>enough selectivity to suppress the carrier and opposite sideband)

What I was thinking of was more a diagnostic technique.. Use an SSB
receiver to listen to first one, then the other sideband of an AM
signal, to see if it manifests the same (installation location
specific) anomaly.

Another idea to cast to the winds.. Power supplies... When the
problem didn't follow the radio to a new location, was there a
different power system? Or, did the power supply go with it?  (K5NWA
has commented along these lines, too..)

Jim, W6RMK