From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Bruce Mills - KL7JDR
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:18 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] First look at the FLEX-3000 production units

Surprised that Blue was chosen for the Flex-3000 [GY]  We did an online
customer poll and blue won.

Black or Silver might go better with most laptops & lcd monitors.

Maybe we could have a color option ? [GY] We don't plan to offer options
since that would be difficult to manage.  All my old Heathkit radios were
green.

Also surprised that the key jack is on the front. More wires in front.

Glad to see the 1/4 jack, maybe thats the reason. [GY] Yes, when we decided
to go with 1/4" jacks, there was not room on the back for the connector.

Thinking about the Flex-3000 as a portable radio.

Wish it had a USB option with Firewire - User choice which to use. [GY] USB
is not suitable for isochronous streaming of the number of channels we
require.  That is why there are no high end pro audio sound cards that
support USB.

Still , it will be nice to have one with my Flex-5000

73's , Bruce

   KL7JDR

Bruce W. Mills
P.O. Box 1500