You're right.. I don't see this happening instantly. And to a certain extent,
most "obsolete" SDRs (in the sense of needing an "obsolete PC" to operate them)
will just be junked, like a huge number of old tube/transistor rigs of
yesteryear.  The few SDR boatanchors will be maintained with stashes of
heritage PCs, etc. (so much for throwing away my current PC.. I'll be able to
unload it at a hamfest in 2030 to someone trying to run a boatanchor SDR1K, and
I'll even have a copy of SDRConsole software on floppy!)

The other thing I see happening is a move to always having some computer in the
box with the radio. High performance mobos are so inexpensive now, there's
really no reason not to, especially if the "command" mechanism is somewhat
abstracted and interface independent. If all the "in radio" PC needs to do is
manage the radio hardware and DSP, but not the UI, then it doesn't need fancy
graphics cards, etc.

Jim, W6RMK